Many non-profit organizations are consistently understaffed and need someone to “hold” a special project and shepherd it’s development from an idea into reality. This kind of management is perfect for grants or other special projects that could turn an exciting opportunity into an unmanageable burden for an organization.
When I do this work, I quickly become part of a team which often includes the fundraising, communications, programmatic departments as well as the professional staff and board representatives. Sometimes I am the primary liaison with external stakeholders as well. I keep the project moving and the team efficient while managing timelines, internal and external communication, troubleshooting and more.
- Juliet Spitzer is a Philadelphia-based Spiritual Director and Chant Leader. I worked with Lula Jones to create a stunning website. As Project Manager/Creative Director I crystalized Juliet’s communication and brought her vision to the website.
- Brilliant is a new musical finding it’s place in the world. I have just taken on this project and will tighten it’s communication vehicles and serve as a general consultant to the composer/lyricist, Dani Tapper.
- Directing the Heart is Rabbi Yael Levy’s new book available on Amazon. I worked as Project Manager with talented graphic designer, Amy Pollack, to bring this book into fruition.
- Or Zarua -Collaborative community launch. I am very happy that I could move Rabbi Shelly Barnathan’s dreams into reality. Her newly formed spiritual community received 2 consecutive grants of seed money and her High Holiday services were extremely well attended, just months after forming.
- Dare to Understand Public Art Initiatve- I was hired by the Interfaith Center of PA and worked in collaboration with Mural Arts Philadelphia and WHYY toward the submission of two large grants. Stay tuned!
- Rising Song Institute – hired by Mechon Hadar and Joey Weisenberg. I loved this project! Not only has Joey’s local programs taken off, but I helped him strengthen his goals, messaging and timeline as he secured funding and staff. It’s been a great project.
Click here to see some of my other work.